Welcome to the Tutorial
Here you will find а My Tested ASP.NET Core MVC tutorial for version 2.2, in which you will learn the most important parts of the testing framework. In less than 15 minutes you will be able to write fast, asynchronous and high-quality tests against the popular Microsoft web framework.
We will use:
- Music Store - the official ASP.NET Core MVC sample - download it from HERE
- Visual Studio Community - the best ASP.NET Core IDE - available HERE
- .NET Core CLI - the command line tools for .NET Core - get them from HERE
- xUnit - asynchronous C# test runner - more information HERE
- Moq - mocking framework for .NET - more information HERE
- My Tested ASP.NET Core MVC - fluent assertion framework - more information HERE
The Music Store project is perfectly suitable for the tutorial because it contains commonly used components of a typical ASP.NET Core MVC web application - Entity Framework Core database, authenticated users, session, caching, services and more.
If you prefer, you may use any other C# IDE. A good alternative is the cross-platform Visual Studio Code.
Head over to the Getting Started section to start the party! :)